Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Fastest Player in America is a Duck

I've been neglecting the blog a little while I work on some other things and procrastinate on still others. It is all for the best. At times I feel obliged to post something here when it really isn't necessary. I'm guilty, I guess, of being a bit presumptuous in posting links you no doubt already know about. I'm thinking of my habit of posting links to CommonDreams and Counterpunch. They're great websites, but you already know that.

I hear a revolution of a sort is playing out in Egypt. It'll be interesting to see thermidor transpire from that.

I finished the big three books and okayed them for Amazon. They should be up in a week, I'm informed. Funny, everyone has heard of Amazon, of course. Seems to have more legitimacy than Lulu for some people, as if it were more than an online store.

"Never heard of it," people say regarding Lulu.

Folks, the books are the same, no matter who sells them. Same price. Same content. Seems to be what matters rather than Amazon's success vs. Lulu's.

I don't know, a minor bitch I have I guess.

I watched the college football recruiting drama play out yesterday. Schoolboy legends and all. Kids drawing too much attention to themselves, giving press conferences, etc.

I played against some good high school players who later became stars in big time college ball, even the NFL. Didn't take a press conference to get there.

More like hard work and natural talent. Times have changed.

Another reason to jump off the bandwagon, I guess.


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment