Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A Spring Project

I've been listening to a lot of jazz lately, and that always make me think of Lee Santa, a huge jazz fan and photographer who lives over in the Idaho panhandle near Sandpoint.

I used one of his photos for the cover of the Round Bend anthology of poems (Cold Eye) that is now up at both Amazon and Lulu, and I think Lee is a special shooter. I particularly like his black and white work of the jazz greats, which are collected here, along with much of his other work.

I'm after Lee to let Round Bend publish a book of his work. He sounds amenable. I'd like to get going on it this spring, after the deep snow leaves Idaho and I conjure the energy I'll need to make the project work.

The photo is of Sonny Rollins, one of my favorite saxophonists.


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment