Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Thursday, December 23, 2010

New Editions


In the ongoing quest to make my books look a little more polished and professional, I've been digging into my files and creating new editions of some of the work.

I've combined two stories into a new edition called, not surprisingly, Two Stories. This fine 45 page book combines the previously individual texts of The Soldier, a tale of an AWOL Marine who goes home only to realize he must keep running if he wants to remain a free man, and How Bees Carry Forth the Essence of Man's Faith in One Omniscient God, which concerns a mentally ill boy coping with family problems as he prepares to re-enter the hospital for another round of treatment.

I like these stories; you might, too, so procure them. If you don't you may feel inadequate later, standing around the water cooler in the office with your thumb up your ass. (How's that for an unexpected assault on your being?)

Another book I've been slaving over, Alt-Everything, had terrible formatting problems until recently, when I discovered a glitch or two in my files and finally found the solution. This book of essays now looks the part of a real book and reads swell. The essays first appeared in Charles Deemer's Oregon Literary Review online. They've been edited for clarity and pared down to the essence and, again, I really like the book now. The OLR is still a fine site, but has for over a year now been focused on video. Still a great resource and adventurous as heck.

I've slapped new title pages and ISBNs on the above books, along with new covers. I especially like the new edition of Two Plays: Two One-Act Plays (see at sidebar).

I watched Basquiat for the first time last night. I highly recommend it.

It's been a bitch getting this post up. Here goes...

TS

No comments:

Post a Comment