Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Thursday, August 16, 2018

So a sick man walks into a clinic...

I signed up with a new HMO about four months ago after my former group went out of business due to a protracted monetary fight with the state of Oregon.  Family Care Inc. and Oregon's healthcare bureaucracy shattered the system in a spasm of mutual greed, flitting away their sweetheart Medicare deal, and left many without a provider, including me.

My Medicare agent hooked me up with "Providence Advantage Plans," but as yet I've been unable to find a personal care provider who will take me as a client.  This incompetent agent, nameless for now, has given me three PCP's names and sworn I was in the HMO's loop each time.  Even had slick membership cards printed up with my supposedly new primary care physicians' names embossed on them.

Beautiful, except not one of the docs named would see me because of the caseloads in front of them.  Yesterday I finally got a Providence associate to set me up with one of its clinics and a doctor.

I have an appointment scheduled--six weeks from now!

However, recently I've been in pain because of my ongoing  battle with trigeminal neuralgia.  So I went to an urgent care center and met for the first time in my nearly 68 years with a doctor that can only be described as a hack, a quack, an idiot, and an arrogant asshole.

The American healthcare system needs to change ASAP.

Definitions:

Urgent Care, as in urgent to take your money and move on quickly to the next sap.

Medicare agent, as in a fraudulent middle-man insurance scammer who is ripping off the system.


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment