Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Wednesday, March 28, 2018

24 Hour Fitness Scam

So I went to the 24 Hour Fitness gym in Portland's Pearl District today to discuss my HMO's Medicare gym benefit.  I'm trying to find a basketball gym for a daily hoops game, get a little exercise.

The salesperson was rude and insisted she wasn't aware of the program my HMO offers.  She tried to sell me on every aspect of the gym and then showed me my options, none related to the question I'd visited with--would the company accept an initial two-month payment from my HMO to get me inside?

Finally...

No, the club demanded a personal card number.  Problem here--my health care provider says it'll spring for the initial fee, and reimburse costs monthly thereafter.

Club says no do that. It don't accept Medicare payments.  And you have to sign a year-long contract.

Um...no.

Two sources, the club and my HMO, two different statements about how things work--or don't work.

Fuck all these stupid, scamming bastards.


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment