Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Friday, August 18, 2017

Untitled/RP Thomas













(RP Thomas photo)

my views are as yours.

I'm reading poetry right now.

It's a really stupid world out there.

horse racing makes sense quite often.

so does beer.-- RP Thomas

Note:  RP Thomas turned me on to Charles Bukowski many years ago, before Buk was well-known. Drink and the horse races are legacies of Buk's lit of course, and worthy of our admiration. Bukowski wrote for real people, and the academics loathed or ignored him. 

Thomas let me crash at his place one summer when I was between women and contemplating my move to Portland, where I've lived for 40 years.

Forty years...imagine that.  I find it both unreal and terrifying!


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment