Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Vacation is Over












Jeez, someone drew my attention to the fact that I've been pretty quiet of late.  This is my first post in a week.

Vacation is over, it is time to get back to work.  I was out in Minnesota for 17 days visiting family and when I returned some things had changed, personal income stuff, that has me all in a dither.  If you want to know the truth, I'm angry, really pissed about what is happening.

I've dropped my IP, because I can't afford the beech.  So I scour the land for hot spots now.  Presently, I write from the Portland library.

Added to that, my computer is giving me fits.  Seems to want to work on its own terms, never mind what I would like to do.

I've put together a tentative look at Charles Lucas' new work-in-progress, the long delayed "Rust: Numerous Forms of Fire."  These are photographs we first talked about publishing four years ago, right after we brought out his "Ubiquitous Serpentine," paintings on ceramic.

I'm also working on a long video project, using and tying together some of the dusty video clips I've gathered in the past 6 years.  I've made a number of short-satirical and semi-serious videos since I started this blog, but now I have so damn-much unused material that it's begging to be grafted onto something more substantial.

I'm 30 min. into to a project with the working title "A Man Walks into a Bar."

You can cover a lot of ground with a concept like that.  I feel like each clip has some significance as I've walked into a lot of bars over my time in Portland.  I was lucky to get out of a few of them, too. Sometimes I even had my cameras with me.

Contemplating the grind again, some reading I need to do, settling the financial snafu that came as a surprise and without bureaucratic warning--no need to get into how that beech works...

The pic: That's the Montana Rockies from approximately the the Blackfeet Reservation looking west toward the entry of Glacier Park and the Bob Marshall Wilderness Area.

There's sacred shit all around there, man.  You feel it even as you ride the Empire Builder.


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment