Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Thursday, June 18, 2015

New York History

I've seen fragments of this history of New York from Steeplechase Productions off and on since it premiered on PBS in 1999, but until recently I haven't sat down and watched it with the attention it deserves.

The initial seven segments appeared pre-9/11.  Some of these I've seen, at least in part (I watched part 3 last night).

Ric Burns--Ken's younger brother--went back into the project after the towers came down and looked at their history.  I know I haven't seen that segment, but I want to work my way there chronologically.

Yep, my weekend is planned.  First-rate filmmaking.


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment