Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Friday, May 8, 2015

No Pain, No Gain












I've been binge-watching television and movies at Netflix to take advantage of my free trial, and for another reason...

I have a bad back and it has knocked me down and nearly out. Came on as I spent the afternoon cooking on Wednesday.  Maybe I stood in one place for too long?

Every false move causes me wrenching pain, but if I sit still or lie down the discomfort diminishes.

Sitting down and standing up are the challenges.

Who put the grease on the down-slide?

I finished Bloodline's first season, moved on to the first and second seasons of House of Cards, which I avoided for a long time.

Lots of drama.

Best thing I've seen lately though is the doc about the Portland Mavericks, The Battered Bastards of Baseball, though two other docs, Muscle Shoals and 20 Feet from Stardom, are close seconds.

Hmm...I may have to go see that other kind of doc soon--maybe something is seriously wrong.


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment