Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Saturday, February 28, 2015

Dear Librarian



Dear Librarian:

I've noticed Multnomah County Library has circulating copies (and one in Reference) of my book "The Children of Vaughn: The Story of Professional Baseball in Portland, Oregon (1901-2010)." Since you've taken this decent step on my behalf, and more importantly on behalf of Portlanders who like good books that reference Oregon and the Pacific Northwest, I am curious why you don't have the rest of the Round Bend Press Books (founded in Portland in 2010) catalog available? 

Here is our website: http://roundbendpressbooks.blogspot.com/.  All of the writers and artists represented by RBPB are local or regional and have much to offer discerning readers in the fields of fiction, poetry, autobiography, jazz, photography, art, history and much else. 

Here is my suggestion then. Take a closer look at Round Bend Press Books, read our catalog and make a decision beneficial to our community by stocking these editions on your shelves. By doing so I think you'll discover you're doing your patrons a real service.  I can guarantee you they will enjoy all of our titles, not just "The Children of Vaughn."

Terry Simons
Founder/Publisher
Round Bend Press Books
Portland, Oregon

This has been a bug up my ass for years now, so I wrote my friendly librarian.  It would be nice if the literary crowd would start paying attention, beginning with the local library.


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment