Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Fascist Radio 970 in Portland

I tuned into the Portland State football broadcast a few minutes ago on local radio, the first time I've ever bothered.

I couldn't handle it. The broadcast is carried by an outfit that bills itself as "Freedom 970."

Over and over and over, hammering the word like a sacred cudgel, "Freedom," broadcasting some of the most god-awful right-wing propaganda I have ever had the displeasure of listening to.

Don't get me wrong. I'm all for freedom. But the word itself will not suffice. The very word has become a refuge for a criminal breed of scoundrels, obfuscatory liars, and outright freaks.

I'm trying to listen to a goddamn football game and you'll see me in hell before I ever tune in again. What a disgrace.

Portland State, you ought to be ashamed! You've lost me as a supporter of the PSU Vikings football program.

And 970 AM, go shit on yourselves.


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment