Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Thursday, September 29, 2011

First Wednesday at the Blackbird Wine Shop

This little blurb in Willamette Week guarantees an overflow crowd for RBP's First Wednesday Reading at the Blackbird Wine Shop in N.E. Portland on Oct. 5.

But we'll make room for you if you insist on coming.

Charles Deemer and I will read some of our recent work as well as a few poems by Bill Deemer and K.C. Bacon, who unfortunately can't be in attendance.

I also plan on introducing two guest readers who will tackle the poems in Cold Eye. This anthology reintroduces poems I published in 1978 while editing the poetry section of a Northwest Portland newspaper.

It's been a long time since I've read to a crowd, so naturally I'm a little nervous.

Oh well, we'll see what happens Wed. night.


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment