Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Poem





A small favor (or something)


You know I
am full of bullshit
but I request of you
a small favor (please)
play along

Listen
we haven’t time
to waste and we
have (too much) much
to do to keep pace
with things that
need be done

(Or we have
nothing to do in
the existential view but
no matter
moving on)

I implore you
to play along while
the chorus sings
and the world sinks
(as we swim)
to the nearest shore

(If indeed a shore
is there which it may
very well not
be) but which likely is
there (if but a dot
on the horizon)

Think
to see
and to finally attempt
the impossible
(for it may be
somewhat plausible to
play along with
my bullshit just
this once)
for
I may have
the answer (perhaps)

Before dinner
(and only
if you want
to eat of course)
please grant me
a small favor
or something like
that and do
not mention this
ever happened (that
is me seeking
a favor) to
anyone.



TS

No comments:

Post a Comment