Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Friday, March 18, 2011

Ho Hum for Now

A friend of mine once said, regarding basketball, "Do they still use one ball in that game?" Funny line, I used it in an ad I put together when I worked at a semi-sports pub years ago. Quoted my friend too, the ceramic artist Charles Lucas.

At the time I was a huge March Madness fan and really looked forward to the games. My interest has been waning over the subsequent years.

I don't love the tournament the way I once did. I don't know why, really, except everything looks the same. There's a tinge of mediocrity in the tourney, for the best players leave college in a "one and done" circus and sign professional contracts.

Quite frankly it is beginning to bore me, like much else in life these days. Of course, if the University of Oregon ever gets back to the tournament, my interest will probably rise again, at least relative to the Ducks.


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment