Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Friday, July 23, 2010

Idle Talk

I am a man of many grievances regarding Man's fall into the abyss. One of the most prevalent signs of intellectual decay that I sense in the world today is the cell phone.

A cell phone in the wrong hands is a weapon of psychological terror. It is an annoyance and a hindrance. It is the stink wafting from the technological cocoon that envelopes everything.

I think the cell phone is driving humanity over the proverbial edge, for the cell phone is destroying Man's balance, his intuitive reasoning and his grace and humility.

It has already ruined the lives of millions by making them dependent on the socially insignificant.

I long for the days before cell phone ubiquity.

I long for the days of peace and quiet and the days when humanity could conceal its utter stupidity behind the four walls of an office, or in one's bedroom or hallway, or in a phone booth with the door closed.

Now the cell phone encourages everyone to talk at once, and so much drivel cannot be good for us. It is destroying brain mass and inhibiting creativity by duplicating the same boring conversation of mankind a billion times every day.

"What's for dinner?"

"I don't know."

"I'll pick up a pizza."

"That sounds good."

Wonderful. I'm happy everyone likes pizza.

TS


No comments:

Post a Comment