Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Great Genius and Evil Genius

James Micael Curly at Wonkette.com reminds us that Dylan penned these words 47 years ago:

from Masters of War

“Let me ask you one question
Is your money that good
Will it buy you forgiveness
Do you think that it could
I think you will find
When your death takes its toll
All the money you made
Will never buy back your soul"

“And I hope that you die
And your death’ll come soon
I will follow your casket
In the pale afternoon
And I’ll watch while you’re lowered
Down to your deathbed
And I’ll stand o’er your grave
’Til I’m sure that you’re dead"


Good luck, Dick Cheney, and Bob, thank you for your great genius.


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment