Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Monday, September 22, 2014

The Savage God Again




















I don't see the connection.

People kill themselves all the time for a lot of different reasons, and I'm not sure what value there is in attempting to correlate creativity and its supposed antithesis in the question of suicide.

Personally, I better understand the capitalist who jumps out of a skyscraper because he's lost his wad than an artist who kills himself over an ideal.

Of course if they are one and the same there is no argument.

The numbers of people who kill themselves behind economic stress and/or other sadnesses and maladies must outnumber the tortured artists, or I simply don't understand how it works.

Which may be the point, I guess.


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment