Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Thursday, September 11, 2014

I Get It


My buddy Lucas laughs at me because I'm a big Oregon fan and watch every play of every Oregon game, even during blowouts over clearly inferior opponents.

This is boring! he cries. Why are you watching??  You know they're going to win!!

But I see how non-affiliated watchers can decry the obvious, watching BYU steamroll Houston this evening.  It really is sort of boring watching a mismatch.

I guess I'm an optimist.  I want something extraordinary to happen.  I like miracles and sudden, irrational comebacks.  I like the underdogs.

The only people liking this one have got to be BYU fans who love BYU.

And a bored viewer waiting for the unexpected.  Maybe Houston will recover.

ED:  Houston just scored!!

And again!!!  What a game.  "Completely flipped," say the announcers.

Turned out to be an entertaining game after all.


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment