Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

The New Stars

I discovered only last month that MLB.com offers a free baseball game every day for online viewing.

As much as I occasionally grouse about the state of professional sports, I find myself looking forward to the broadcasts most days, if only to watch an inning or two.

There sure are a lot of new stars playing the game these days.  I'd lost track.

I saw a 21 year-old kid named Manny Machado make a couple of great fielding plays at third base yesterday for the Orioles, which got me to thinking about Graig Nettles.

I looked him up.  He's 68 years-old.

Seems like yesterday that I admired the skills of Graig Nettles.


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment