Quote of the Day

In our age there is no such thing as 'keeping out of politics.' All issues are political issues, and politics itself is a mass of lies, evasions, folly, hatred and schizophrenia.-- George Orwell

“I would rather be a swineherd at Amagerbro and be understood by the swine than be a poet and be misunderstood by people.” ― Søren Kierkegaard, Either/Or: A Fragment of Life

The opinions, rants and absurdities expressed herein belong solely to the founder of RBPD. Read with caution. Content may induce nausea, confusion, vertigo, tears, hallucinations, anger, pity, reflexive piety, boredom, convulsions, lightheadedness, a fit of ague, or an opposing view.

Books by RBP writers: Round Bend Press Books. For RBP's writing and editing services go here.

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

The New Stars

I discovered only last month that MLB.com offers a free baseball game every day for online viewing.

As much as I occasionally grouse about the state of professional sports, I find myself looking forward to the broadcasts most days, if only to watch an inning or two.

There sure are a lot of new stars playing the game these days.  I'd lost track.

I saw a 21 year-old kid named Manny Machado make a couple of great fielding plays at third base yesterday for the Orioles, which got me to thinking about Graig Nettles.

I looked him up.  He's 68 years-old.

Seems like yesterday that I admired the skills of Graig Nettles.


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.