Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Big Pharma


I ran up against the system in dealing with a little medical problem yesterday.  I have a prescription for a certain drug that will supposedly help me with this problem.

Because I do not have insurance, my pharmacist is charging me 24$ for the magic pills I will be inhaling daily for awhile until my problem goes away or I try something else.

Had I insurance, the same bottle of pills would have been charged off at 300$ to the carrier.

This is the American  health system in a nutshell.

A completely corrupt enterprise guided by greed and an absolute lack of common sense.


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment