Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Keep Moving


It is about time Chip Kelly made up his mind.

A personality cult had seized the football program at Oregon, and that was not a good thing.

Despots and control freaks are a drag.

I was never a big fan of Chip Kelly, though I admired his results. His players seemed to love him by most accounts, so what I think doesn't matter.

I get the whole "that is a silly question" shtick that was his calling card while dealing with the media, but some tact in places would have been admirable in itself.

I lack that at times myself.  We all do.  But...

Kelly goes out a winner, but sanctions await the university's football program thanks to one of the dumbest moves an Oregon coach has ever made.

Paying Willie Lyles beaucoup bucks for nothing was absolutely as dumb as the media.

SI's Stewart Mandel on what lies ahead for Oregon.


TS  

No comments:

Post a Comment