Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Oh well...

If you're bored and have nothing better to do you can listen to my recording of "Annie Ned's Blues" here.

Disclaimer:  I'm not real happy with this, so I'll call it an experiment and leave it at that.  The video reproduction didn't take the way I expected it to, nor is it my best reading.

I'll blame it on my health, which hasn't been real great of late.  Under the weather, gloomy, I'm not concentrating my best these day.

Maybe I'll give it another shot down the road, when (if) my energy returns.

I recorded the drum circle in downtown Portland's Pioneer Square during a Native-American celebration this summer.  It nearly makes the piece work.

It is good to have a part of your quest turn out, even if the whole doesn't.

Here is a little background, a short essay and the poem from a 2010 post here.


TS


No comments:

Post a Comment