Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Monday, September 10, 2012

Notes from the Bottom of the Pile


Welcome to my blog.

It's been awhile.  I took last week off.  I hope you don't mind. The psychotropics I've been ingesting like aspirin haven't kicked in like they normally do, so the fog of existence has at times been somewhat nasty.

It may be time to visit Dr. Benway yet again and have another surgery, or perhaps change my prescription.

I've been waiting...waiting...

My notes and observations of the past few days are in a shambles, but I shall gather them as best I can and clue you in.

The cool news is while I haven't been capable of producing my usual iconic prose at this site or feel the orgasmic release that comes with announcing the publication of an expected new book, I've added a few links to some important recent video work that defines the Round Bend ethos.

Up went a link to my Bukowski homage, a stellar collaboration with Buddy Dooley.  This is just a start folks,  so don't get antsy for more just yet.  One day you will be pleased and giddy about having known me and this wonderful blog.

One day RBP will smack you right between the eyes and the exhilaration to follow will scrub you clean.  The total memory of your sins will collapse.  You too will be free.

Up went another link to a video capturing the essence of Charles Lucas's Ubiquitous Serpentine.  The magic in this one is quite apparent and pleasing to the eye, much like the artist's website and intoxicating view of the molecular universe.

If you need a preview of Lucas's newest project in development, which you certainly do, I suggest you watch Rust: An Interview with Charles Lucas.  It features an interesting profile shot of Dooley in its opening as well as a number of the new photos that will comprise "Rust."

Prior to the sickness, did I mention The Deemer Interview?   This one is brilliant.  It came together late last month when I took Deemer for a walk in the park.  We chatted about his childhood and his work as both author and educator.

That's it on the press news for now.

It's time for the sports report...

No, on second thought I'd better not get started.  The nurse will be here shortly with another dose.  If I don't eat something before I take that shit all hell breaks loose.


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment