Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Sunday, August 7, 2011

One for Two


I ventured into the shopping world yesterday--something I rarely do--and found an item I've wanted for weeks now--a radio.

Passing the Goodwill store on W. Burnside, I decided to drop in and examine the electronics. Thought I might find a speaker for my laptop, but no luck.

Then I spotted the old Magnavox miniature boom box. You know the one--single cassette player, AM FM radio. The basic unit.

Five bucks.

Its cassette deck doesn't work, but the radio is fine. Excellent sound. Can listen to local radio now and save the computer for special times and distant stations, such as the Red Sox network from Boston.

Taking a cue from Gov. Rick Perry, I prayed that God might give me a radio along with the enlightenment I obviously need.

At least I got the radio.



TS

No comments:

Post a Comment