Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Saturday, May 28, 2011

U.S. Bank Robbery



As if more evidence need be offered of the class war that is making the good old USA such a bitch, I cite a letter I received from US Bank regarding my meager checking account:

"On July 24th, your checking account ending xxxx will transition to a U.S. Bank Easy Checking account. The monthly maintenance fee for this is $6.95 with online statements or $8.95 with paper statements."

Mind you, my checking account with U.S. has been free for the past 20 years. Now all of a sudden things are going to be "easy?"

I scoff...

The letter goes on to explain how this robbery can be avoided by depositing more money per month and keeping a floating balance above a set figure. Being on a fixed income at the moment, neither option is available to me.

This hokey missive then describes some of the new "benefits" I'll have by participating in the rape. Mind you, nothing at all is new as service except the fee/robbery.

Like the color-coded scale of "terrorist threat," the bank is offering new and improved "packages." They are Silver, Gold, Platinum."

Whoopie!!

All of which is to say, RIP Gil Scott-Heron. You'll be missed.



TS

No comments:

Post a Comment