Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Planning Ahead


I'm looking ahead to the end of spring term, the end of my run at a formal education (is that the right expression?) at PSU, and the beginning of something new--namely working with Charles Deemer as we prepare his new book of poetry for publication here at RBP. This is terribly exciting, a big move for the press, and something I've wanted to do for months now, i.e, find other writers who can help carry the legacy of RBP forward.

I've published two fine books by K.C. Bacon (see sidebar). With Deemer's "In My Old Age" and whatever else I can find in my lifetime added to the mix...well, let's just say I plan on leaving something behind. History will give it meaning if it is worthwhile.

In addition, I want to begin work in earnest on my second memoir. I've been writing it in my head for months now; it's time to commit it to paper.

Charles, an adjunct professor of screenwriting at PSU, is a busy man himself, but prolific in the poetry realm of late. He's on record saying he doesn't write poems. They come through him (or somesuch), which is what honest poets say.

I like this recent piece considering the weather.

Don't know if it'll make Deemer's final cut, but there is plenty more where that came from. I expect a mid-summer publication date, so stay tuned.


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment