Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Beyond Alleged Assault

In the hearings, Kavanaugh tried to pass himself off as a regular guy who worked his way up the ladder on merit, not connections: “I got into Yale Law School,” he pointed out. “That’s the number one law school in the country. I had no connections there. I got there by busting my tail in college.”

Nope, no connections. It’s just coincidence that he’s a Yale “legacy” (his grandfather graduated Yale in 1928), that he attended high school at the exclusive Georgetown Prep (his father graduated Georgetown University), and that his father headed a large DC lobbying group representing more than 600 companies (the Cosmetic, Toiletry, and Fragrance Association, now known as the Personal Care Products Council). Surely Brett Kavanaugh would have risen to the top of his field even if he’d been born in a public housing project and attended public schools, right?--TK

No silver spoon, right?  Ha ha.

Beyond the "did he do it?" obsession.  Kavanaugh has done plenty, most of it harmful.

Corporate media, television and big newspapers, have America paralyzed with stupidity and sleaze.  Powerful drugs.  So glad I kicked the big-media habit many years ago.

I don't know the next big thing, that is the next pop sensation being manufactured by big money for my salvation, but neither do I walk around with worms in my brain.


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment