Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Thursday, September 20, 2018

Providence Advantage Plus (my ass)


I literally had to tell my new doctor, whom I met for the first time this morning, three or four times that the reason I've seen so many doctors in the past five years is because I regularly went to Good Sam's clinic in Northwest Portland. Residents there are run through on a conveyor belt for educational purposes.  I rarely saw the same doc twice, unless I was being treated for my shingles and subsequent facial neuralgia, or some other malady.

Even then I think I had three or four residents through the long course of step, missteps, etc., in my neuralgia treatment.  Fortunately I had a good nursing assistant who more or less took over the therapeutics and put me on the road to recovery.

None of this impressed the asshole, my new doc.

My new doc acted like I was putting him out.  I was an obtrusive parasite.  Even after I reminded him that my original HMO went out of business and I lost Good Sam in favor of Providence, and the new HMO hasn't been able to hook me up with a PCP, he grumbled on about it.

Then, remarkably, he actually said, "Why didn't you talk to any of them about your health?" meaning the residents at Good Sam.

This is where I turned on the bitch. This is where I almost set him on fire and destroyed his golf game.

Because dumb-ass, this is a sudden new problem.  And because Providence is so inept I've been without a doctor for 4 fucking months. Got it, finally?

Thanks to a dumb-as-rocks Medicare Agent who blundered my first efforts to find a Providence associate. Thanks to the HMO itself, which is better quite honestly at promoting Portland Soccer than providing health care--and can't seem to organize its way out of a wet paper bag.

Stupid fucking fucks.

Everywhere.


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment