Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Fuck Computers

What a strange day and occurrence. The tech wizards at PSU Help hadn't seen my computer dilemma before. Working on a Word document, page 25, the text began to appear in GREEK. Tried many things (or rather the tech did online) and couldn't solve the problem.

Thought I accidentally disabled English, but that wasn't it. Every time the tech tried something else, the same problem occurred.

Working in Compatibility Mode due to the exigencies of Lulu, but still this is the first time I've encountered such a weird problem. I write the document in docx, convert to doc., and then pdf. Same routine every document, but now I have a new set of problems.

I wonder if my computer is under surveillance...Mmmm. Government hacker coming after me? CIA? FBI?

Maybe I've suddenly hit my competency ceiling.

Happens, doesn't it?

This on top of a bigger problem earlier in the week, another computer disaster, which I won't even get into because it's so frustrating.

I'd take a vacation, but like, I don't even have a paying job!




TS

No comments:

Post a Comment