Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Thursday, May 28, 2015

On the Flood















Chris Pilon of Houston filed this report today at my request:

We've had some pretty good thunderstorms, flooding. Monday night's storm was the killer. It woke me up a few times and I looked out at the streets and they were covered. We had a debris line more than halfway up our driveway. 

Vicky did not go into work till noon on Tuesday so she could give me a ride to my doctor and pharmacy, which was good. 

The storm has brought out a lot of wildlife. I was smoking a cigarette in the driveway at about 3 am and I noticed movement to my right and it was a large armadillo that walked 4 ft past and in front of me into the yard. It went around a tree as I walked onto the walkway to our front door and it then charged quickly towards me. I ran into the house to get my phone to record it but when I went outside again I couldn't find it. They can have leprosy on their claws and be rabid. 

Also a 4 ft snake swam by me in a coil-strike position. It swam into our garage.  A lot of snakes, alligators, turtles, frogs, cranes, human bodies in the water.

Thanks, Chris.  Glad you and Vicky are somewhat safe!


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment