Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Mad Games

There are college games every night this week.  Two tonight from the Mid-American Conference. It's their time of year, and I appreciate the opportunity to see them as the juices begin to boil for the bigger games this weekend, including Oregon vs. Utah.

Oregon must get over its tendency to swoon in November this time. Utah is a good team, so it won't be easy, particularly in light of the many injuries along Oregon's offensive and defensive lines.

We'll see, and I can't wait.

LeBron James is in town tonight with the Cavaliers to play the Blazers.  Bet there are no tickets available for that one, either. Haven't caught the local heroes yet this season (it's early), maybe I'll check out the stream this evening.

But the NBA is like MLB these days.  A long, long season is tiring to me. I could get into it this spring if the Blazers approach playoff level.

Meanwhile, a young woman has been raising hell in my apartment complex now for hours. and no one seems able to shut her up.

I'm tempted to try the yelling gambit.  Just start yelling at everything.  Just go completely off the mental grid and cut loose (I'm close already).  Might be cathartic. Could lead to good things, if not the nut ward at the local psych hospital.


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment