Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

The Road South?
















This might be the year I finally head to a warmer clime during Oregon's rainy months, as I've been threatening to do for years.

In the cards if things work out the way I suspect they will.  I've been in a protracted series of "debates" with my housing lords.   It's been a struggle.

I wouldn't mind cooking in a greasy spoon in the desert.  Saw a character doing that once in a movie.

Maybe the road south would offer a surprise, or at least relief from my current circumstances.

I've been in my present situation for over four years.  Not even sure if I'm healthy enough to hit the road, but if I go at the pace of Li Po, it might be doable.

I'll know more in a couple of weeks.  Will plug away here until then.

One thing that continuously crosses my mind is that a lot of poor folks have died here. I knew all of them.  None were old in terms of years, but their souls were long gone.

I can feel mine slipping away.  Not sure I want to die here.

There was a codger here for awhile, a feisty old guy who fought in both Korea and Vietnam. Dementia was setting in, and he had an "attitude."  Always exaggerated his recent fights, having just knocked some poor guy out.  Always in a tussle with someone, but you could tell it was in his head. All he was really doing was vegetating in his lonely room.

He was finally shipped out to a care home, bless him.  He never lost a fight that I know of, except perhaps for the inevitable one.


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment