Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Snoop


I didn't have a television for years and didn't see The Wire when it first appeared eleven seasons ago!  I recently took the time to gather up the DVD sets at the library, so I'm just getting caught up on this David Simon creation.

I'm into the fortieth hour of this dynamic series.

I'd like to claim that I was doing something more productive with my time than watching television last decade, but I can't honestly say I was.

I was in school, but hell, students watch TV don't they?

I missed out on this just as I have missed out on so much else in my lifetime.  I'm not really a TV guy, but every once in awhile I get the bug.

It recently happened with Mad Men as well.

The writing and acting in both series are top-notch.

There was never anything this good on the telly back in the day, before I gave up on the big three networks.  NYPD Blue may have came close, but even that wasn't this raw and bold.  Network television had the commercial breaks, too, which I deplored.

So something has finally impressed me.


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment