Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Giants Sweep Series

San Francisco sweeps Detroit in the World Series.

Heck of a deal.

I always have to mention that a Giants game was the first major league game I ever watched in person, in San Francisco's Candlestick Park in 1962.

Willie Mays roamed center field for the Giants and Pete Rose was a rookie second baseman with the Cincinnati Reds when I excitedly witnessed my first game.

More than anything else I remember the chill of the night in windy Candlestick.

Later, as a young man, I lived in San Francisco and preferred to go over to Oakland to watch the A's if I wanted to see a night game.

Baseball is an indelible delight best displayed in the dead of summer, but who can resist the World Series?


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment