Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Publication Day

At long last RBP is proud to publish this book of blog posts and other short essays by Buddy Dooley, a sometimes friend of mine.

Excerpt:

"The enormity of the problem is not lost on me. You told me when I was very young that I might be with you. You put it colloquially, you whined when I attempted to leave. I wanted to leave. Do you understand how much I wanted to leave? When I came back I embraced you. As you turned to walk away I noticed a smirk had, despite your denial, formed on your lips. Your dishonesty was hurtful. I had returned with the best of intentions, to begin again, to try to make you happy. I invited you out for a beer and a bite to eat. You said sure, but once more the hesitation in your voice confused me. I thought, well, one either wants beer and a decent meal or one doesn’t. Ordinarily, the decision shouldn't be a problem. But that isn’t how you play the game. That is the difference between us. You play games. Me? I am sitting here…waiting for you."


from Writing to the Muse


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment