Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Almost Naked

This is a gathering day.  I have over 100 black and white photos of various family members.  I'm sorting through them and shooting images for "The Project."

Ken Burns must pay somebody a chunk of change to dupe all the stills he uses in his documentaries.  It's not the kind of work that brings glory, that's for sure.  It's sort of tedious.

Aside from a few pans and zooms, I'm grabbing images that have length enough to cover a few lines if need be, and plenty of room for dissolves in and out.

There is only so much you can do with the types of images I'm working with.  The quality is not high to say the least.  I don't think there were any natural photogs in my entire clan.  Some images are better than others, of course.

Going for content, necessity and quality makes the decision-making process that much harder.

Too bad Mathew Brady wasn't hanging around my family in the old days.  My mom's maiden name was Brady.  

She must not have caught the artistic bug from her luminous cousin, Matt.

I say cousin, but I don't know whether it's true.  Doesn't matter.  In this business you can lie all you want.  What are people going to do if they catch you in a literary lie?  Pan you?

Ha!  I laugh.

That said, the grunt work could be worse.  I could be working out in Oregon's schizo weather.

No thanks to that.

Taking a break.  I'll be back at it tonight, panning and zooming and doing the best I can with these important elements of "The Project."

Kid in the photo is a handsome devil, isn't he?


TS


No comments:

Post a Comment